- Diploma in Child Health, Royal College of Paediatrics, UK
- Diploma of The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK
- Diploma of The Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health, UK
- Contraceptive IUD fitter
- Contraceptive Implant fitter
- Royal College of GPs Part 2 Certificate in The Management of Substance Misuse, UK
- Forensic Medical Examiner, Avon and Somerset Police, UK
- Contraception and Sexual Health
- Women's Health
- Mental Health
- Substance Misuse
Dr Rupa Parmar graduated in the UK in 2004 and completed her GP training in London in 2008. She did 6 month jobs in the Homerton Hospital in Hackney in Elderly Care, Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Psychiatry. She then moved to Bristol with her husband to complete her registrar training on the Bath GP Training Scheme. She became a GP partner in Bristol, UK in 2010. She worked in a large training practice and supervised GP trainees. She was also the lead partner (Medical Director) for 5 prisons in the Bristol area.
Rupa enjoys seeing families and loves her job as a GP. She finds it a very rewarding specialty and feels privileged to be able to care for all members of a family. She is able to complete complex GP management plans and is also a contraceptive implant and IUD fitter (Mirena and Copper IUD). Rupa moved to Perth with her husband who is an ENT Surgeon and 2 children in 2016. She is very excited about the opportunity to live and work in Australia!